I bought a Scamp 5th wheel trailer in January of 2008. Never again. Prior to this I always had truck campers since I live in Alaska.
I decided to get something that I could unload so I could get into difficult areas where all the good fishing was. I read the reviews and thought the Scamp was a good choice. It wasn't.
The thing is falling apart already. The water tank fill port leaked all over the trailer and it wasn't until I pulled it apart that I could find it. There are other issues as well, such as the drawers all falling out once you are moving. The refrigerator doors popped open and broke off due to a real lousy suspension.
The sink in the bathroom is a flimsy plastic contraption that is one jump up from a paper plate. The water that leaked has damaged the plywood sink cabinet as well as the cabinet with drawers on the other side and dry rot will probably be the result.
I know I am a certified building inspector. This was supposed to be the deluxe model and I drove down from Fairbanks, Alaska to pick it up. What a mistake. If this is an example of American craftsmanship, buy Chinese, on second thought don't buy anything and watch these clowns starve to death.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Scamp 5Th Wheel Trailer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years. Bought the two deal special late 2013. Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other..."
- "I purchased the KitchenAid Buillt-In Combination Electric Convection Oven and Microwave Oven in the summer of 2012. Last night I ran the self-cleaning cycle for perhaps the second or..."
- "14 months after purchasing my PIC units, one of them came totally apart. Customer service tells me "sorry it only comes with a 12 month warranty. Offered me a discount..."
- "I bought woodworking plans from an online retailer called TheGeekPub.What I received was a bunch of stolen plans! Plans they downloaded from reputable websites and then bundled without permission into a..."
- "I buy pretzels from here all of the time. This is what my sister always wants for Christmas. We pretty much love them. I just bought a basket..."
- "I don't usually complain but this time I have to, it was a treat for my husband and I to have my granddaughter with us for dinner she's 16 and..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."